Our skin naturally exfoliates dead skin cells every day. This shedding process slows or may stop altogether as a result of natural ageing and unprotected sun exposure. This can result in dull and flaky skin as well as enlarged pores, bumps, wrinkles, loss of firmness and uneven skin tone.
AHA’s and BHA’s are both skin exfoliants which remove the build-up of dead skin cells, revealing beautiful, soft and hydrated skin hiding underneath. Skincare products containing AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) or BHA (beta hydroxy acid) exfoliants can make a world of difference in your skin’s appearance.
The key benefits:
- Decrease the appearance of pore size and surface wrinkles
- Reduce pigmentation and even out skin tone
- Improve overall skin texture
- Remove dead skin cells
- Unclog pores to prevent acne
What is the difference between AHA’s and BHA’s?
AHAs are water-soluble acids made from sugary fruits. They help peel away the surface of your skin so that new, more evenly pigmented skin cells may generate and take their place.
BHAs are oil soluble. Unlike AHAs, BHAs can get deeper into the pores to remove dead skin cells and excess sebum.
AHA’s are primarily used for:
- Smoothing mild hyperpigmentation like age spots, melasma, and scars
- Reducing enlarged pores
- Reducing fine lines and surface wrinkles
- Improving uneven skin tone
If you have extremely dry and sensitive skin, take care and gradually work up to daily use to avoid irritating your skin.
BHA’s are primarily used for:
- Reducing acne and sun damage
- These products go deep into your hair follicles to dry out excess oils
- Remove dead skin cells to unclog your pores
- Suitable for combination to oily skin
- Lower concentrations may be used to help calm sensitive skin
- Reduce rosacea-related redness
How to include AHA's and BHA's in my skincare routine?
Use the Transforming Exfoliator for the ultimate exfoliation for all skin types and follow with a daily serum. If you have oily, acne prone skin, use Purity Smoothing Serum. For anti-ageing, moisture support and pigmentation reduction, try the Revitalize Lightening Serum.